Looking to rehome an animal?
At this time, NKL does not have a facility or shelter. All of the animals in our foster/adoption program are in foster homes of volunteers and other pet lovers in the community. Our focus is to get the animals out of the shelter, however, we try to prevent them from going to the shelter as well.
Please try the following resources for re-homing your animal:
- List your pet for adoption the safe way for FREE. This site has a huge reach for those looking to adopt: http://rehome.adoptapet.com
- Louisville Metro Animal Services (LMAS) is now a NO KILL facility!
- The Kentucky Humane Society has launched a courtesy re-homing service. They can be reached at (502) 509-4PET.
Here are some additional resources that may be of help:.
- Additionally, we can do a courtesy post for your animal that includes listing her/him on Petfinder, Adopt-a-Pet, and our website. You will also be welcome to bring your animal to our pet friendly events. No Kill Louisville will not be able to take custody of your animal at any time and does not assume responsibility for anything related to the animal's care and well-being. Your animal will receive all of the exposure and opportunity for adoption that our animals receive, but he/she will remain your property and your responsibility. If you would like to proceed with a courtesy post, please send the information listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch as soon as we can.
***In order to courtesy post, we require that your animal be up to date on all vaccinations and be spayed/neutered.
If this has not be done yet, please let us know, we can get you vouchers for these services.***
1. A bio of the animal that includes name, approximate age, approximate weight and some characteristics of the animal's personality that will personalize our description
2. Tell us if the animal is good with other dogs, cats and children, if you know that information. We also need to know if the animal is not good with any of those three.
3. Send 3 good pictures of the animal. Excellent quality pictures are extremely important. They should have good lighting, be close ups and include a head-shot, pics with other animals and/or children (if possible), pics that capture personality, etc.
4. Provide the name and email for the contact person for the animal.
**You must respond to inquiries within 24 hours of No Kill Louisville sending them to you. Failure to respond in a timely fashion will result in your courtesy post being removed.
Need to contact us about something else?
- Spay & Neuter Committee - email@example.com
- Fundraising Committee - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Volunteer Committee - email@example.com
- Foster & Adoption Committee - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Media & PR requests - email@example.com
- Pet Food Bank - firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Inquiries - email@example.com or use the form below.