No Kill Louisville's Pet Food Bank
located in Louisville, Kentucky!
located in Louisville, Kentucky!
2012 Northwestern Parkway,
Louisville KY 40203
Hours of Operation: 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month.
Appointments are available from 12pm - 4pm.
In case of inclement weather, stay tuned to news stations and Facebook for possible closure
Phone: (502) 536-8PET (8738)
In Need of Help?
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION BELOW TO AVOID ANY ISSUES ON APPOINTMENT DAY.
How can I get pet food?
If you wish to participate, you must complete an application. This application can also be picked up at our Pet Food Bank during operation hours or we can email it to you.
- One application per household.
- We ask for personal information when you apply but DO NOT share it with anyone and all information is kept strictly confidential.
- We reserve the right to make exceptions based on individual need.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone under any circumstances.
How often can I get pet food?
Food is distributed when donations are available. Applicants will not be able to pick up more than once a month.
- We offer temporary assistance for feeding pets. We are not to be used as a permanent source of pet food.
- We are providing a service to the community and ask that all recipients only return to the food bank as they need assistance so that we can help as many pet owners as possible.
What paperwork is required?
Proof of spay or neuter is required for all dogs and cats.
- You will have 30 days to provide proof of spay or neuter for each pet. If your pet is not altered, you have 60 days to have it done. If your pet is too old or has a medical condition that prevents the pet from being spayed or neutered, you will be required to bring a note from a vet. If you are unable to spay or neuter your pets due to income, NKL will provide a voucher for services as long as we have funds available (first come, first serve basis) or provide you with information on other resources. (See additional resources)
- A copy of the latest income tax return
- A copy of the latest check stub
- A letter signed by a social worker or employee of an agency helping you get other types of assistance that confirms your income level
- Other papers that provide proof of monthly income (or lack thereof), such as Social Security Award Letter, Unemployment check stub, and/or Disability check stub.
- Food stamps or Medicaid eligibility letter
I need more food than they gave me. Why can't I get more food?
We serve many, many low or no income families each week. To ensure fairness and that their supply of pet food goes to as many families as possible, we must portion out the pet food. Portions are based on a variety of factors including the weight of animals and how much of donations we have that week.
My pet is picky or has special needs. Can I get a certain kind of pet food?
We cannot guarantee any brand or type of pet food. All of our food is donated and comes from many places and in many brands.
We consider special requests for certain formulas or flavors of dog and cat food, but we are only able to give what we have at the time the request is made.
You may receive a different brand and/or amount of pet food each time you come in.
- When you receive pet food from the Food Bank, you are aware of the potential risks involved with feeding your pet(s) a new food, since it's unlikely the pet food received is your pets usual brand.
- By accepting food and/or services from the Food Bank, all household members, their friends and family, agree not to hold the Food Bank, its staff, volunteers, and beneficiaries legally liable in the unfortunate event your pet(s) becomes ill or the food upsets the pet(s) stomach.
Can someone bring pet food to me?
We simply do not have the resources, volunteers, etc. to do this.
Can I pick up food for someone else?
First time applicants must come in to set up account and must bring Photo ID. On the application is a place for applicants to name any authorized person(s) to pick up food on behalf of the applicant. This authorized person(s) must bring in Photo ID to pick up on your behalf.